Thursday, July 30, 2009

Peach Cobbler

Last week was wonderful..Cousins and ma were visiting and the weather was really nice..After one year of living here and cribbing endlessly about how hot it was, it finally cooled off and its been raining almost everyday for the last two weeks...
The nicest thing about this part of Ahmedabad is the number of peacocks we have walking around here. They stroll around even in the apartment complex. The rains made these birds wake up real early...you could hear them (and they dont sound so nice, they cry like little kittens, just much louder) from about 4 in the morning...A few weeks back, one of them had flown up to my balcony (on the 3rd floor) and till then I never knew peacocks fly !!
After telling you so much about the peacocks, I am really tempted to post one picture of them taken at a museum garden..Here are the handsome fellas...

Peacocks

Like it always happens when family is visiting, we did a lot of shopping, eating, chatting, even played scrabble till really late at night ! Made a whole lot of stuff from other blogs and mine - Red Chillies' baked nippattu, Miri's carrot coconut muffins, Sia's rhengan reveya, Ginger potatoes, Pesto Pasta, Corn Chowder, Spaghetti Bolognese with soy flakes(cousin's recipe) and the simple dal chawal, roti sabji on some days !

Peach Cobbler

One evening, we had a chaat party - aloo tikki with Ranjani's khattey meethey choley, paani puri and dahi batata puri.
I had bought some peaches but wasn't sure what to make with them..My cousin promptly suggested a peach cobbler - I had never made or even tasted one before, so looked up and found this recipe on Food Network
It was really simple and tasted great.
I followed the recipe except for these few changes...
I didnt have brown sugar so used regular sugar mixed with some vanilla essence and cinnamon. I had two pears, so sliced them and added it up too..Also sprinkled some icing sugar on top...

A spoonful of peachy yumminess...

Spoon pc

If you dont have peaches, I think apples and pears should work just fine

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

wooooooow!!!
wat a shot dear!!!
tnx for sharing dear...

Anonymous said...

looks amazingly great!!
I've never imagined peacocks fly, either...:-D -jhongi-

SJ said...

Nice pics!! Sound like u had a lovely time!

A_and_N said...

Someone had fun! :D

My cousin studied at IIM - A and I remember him everytime I come to your blog :)

I love cobblers, easy and quick to make! The colour on yours looks great.

kittymatti said...

wow!!! such gorgeous pics!
way to go!

Deepthi Shankar said...

I am drooling over those pics now

amna said...

a lot of ppl mentioned cobbler when i posted crumble recently! gotta try :)

Divya Kudua said...

Wow..you seem to be on a cooking spree..so many recipes tried out..:)

Have heard about the dish a lot,its quite similar to fruit crumble,right?

chef and her kitchen said...

OMG u tried so many recipes..the names of them are itself tempting...
That peach cobbler looks yummy too.

suvi said...

hey thanks for visiting my blog. Just checked out your saar, quite different from the one I posted, and sounds yum, plan to try it the next time I make saar.

Rush said...

great shots and yeah peaches are the bestest...so very refreshing and yumm

A_and_N said...

Me too! I love her pancakes man :) And yay, I'm the last person to join the bandwagon of bookmarks I can see :P

Sig said...

A peacock in your balcony? How exotic! :)

Miri said...

Food and Family - definitely translates to fun!! The peach cobbler and chaat party sounds wonderful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin