Wednesday, August 26, 2009

'Toast' to Friendship

I cant remember when I last hand-wrote a letter to anyone or sent a card for someone's bday. Its emails, e-cards and even websites/mobiles/e-calenders that send you reminders about your friends' birthdays and anniversaries.
I hate myself for using this 'technology' like a crutch to remember a few dates, but I guess thats how life has become now, though I am glad I belong to a generation where hand-written notes were valued so much...

recipes from miri

On one of my birthdays a few years back, I received this small packet by courier. It had about 20 sheets of hand written recipes, neatly indexed and tied up with a little red satin ribbon.
I think that was one among the most thoughtful and touching gifts I have received in a long time. Sometimes, a really 'little something' can make you feel so good...

Miri, who's been a very dear friend for a long time now (way before I knew what food blogging was !!) had sent me this as a birthday gift.
I had visited her a while before that and seen that she has this book with a whole load of recipes and I told her I must get down to noting some - someday.
The sweetheart that she is, sat and wrote down about 40 recipes and sent it for my birthday ! Can't tell you how touched I was...
Thank you Miri, you're the best !!

Masala Toast

This is one of those recipes and the one I make most often. I dont like my bread sweet, so that version happens for the husband and son and I love this one
Dont know how 'french' this is, but this is what Miri called it...

What you need -

1/2 onion
1/2 tomato
4 green chillies
1/2 cup coriander leaves
2 eggs
1/3 cup milk
6 bread slices
salt to taste

What you do with it -

Grind onion, tomato, chillies, coriander leaves, and salt to a paste
Beat the eggs, add the masala paste and milk
Heat a tava, add a little butter
Dip the bread slices one at a time in the egg mixture and fry on the tava till both sides are done

5 comments:

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

Yummy toast and psenti post... loved it...

Miri said...

OMG!! you still have that :) Thats such a sweet and touching post *sniff*. Was all my pleasure - so glad to have you as a friend!

That was my first experiment in the kitchen when I realised that my favourite sweet French Toast was not exactly what hubby preferred. Its a different matter that he is the one who likes the original French Toast and I like my Masala toast! :)

Huggs

Miri

SJ said...

And such good handwriting too!! I made this once and J would not touch , no sugar that is why. sigh.

amna said...

simple yet thoughtful. i love such gifts!! :)

dsdsds said...

Handwriting of Miri is so neat and beautiful.. That toast is totally simple and I bet it would have tasted awesome

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin